The difference between a leader & a critic is that a leader has to make decisions, abide by his decision & face the consequences, whereas a critic only pour criticism without bearing any responsibility (Malaysia 4th Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammed)

Sunday 7 October 2012

Best Makan Place - Saba Restaurant Cyberjaya

My review is based on my personal point of view. Different people might have different view from mine. Hence, this review is for my blog purposes only ;)

I have always wanted to blog about Chang2 & I fav's place to eat which is known as Saba Restaurant located in Cyberjaya. It is a middle east cuisine aka makanan arab in Malay & we love it so much,hehe.. Since we have been there more than dozens times, hence I have a lot of pics bout e food here.

24.12.2010 - Chicken Kabsah (Quarter in size) + Rice RM10 per plate served with Chili. 
Taste-wise: 5/5. Definitely suits to our liking. The rice is not sticky at all & the chicken is so soft. It is not full of spices too, as compared to our Beriani rice. The chilli really complement the dish nevertheless, it is spicy if u consume it a lot. If u're not a big eater, I suggest that u share ur meal wit ur partner as the portion per plate is huge.


06.09.2012 - Previously, we always ordered 2 plates of chicken kabsah (1/4) with rice. 
However as Chang2 always couldn't finish her plate, hence we decided to order Chicken Kabsah (Half in size) wit rice. It is value for money as u need to pay RM15 only instead of RM20 + the portion is so huge. Why don't we think bout it earlier,haha..


06.09.2012 - This is Chang2's fav here. An appetizer called Hummus served with pita bread. It is mashed cold chickpeas + olive oil. Price: RM6. Taste-wise: 4/5. I prefer the hummus from one of the middle east rest in malacca, but chang2 loves this so much. In fact, it is a must order dish for her,hehe.. Careful wit e bread though as it is always so liat aka hard. Ur mouth have some exercise to do,haha..


06.09.2012 - Another fav's dish here is called plate of Chicken Shawerma. Price:RM12. 
It consists of roasted chicken slices + fries + veges + mayo served wit pita bread too. U can opt whether u want chicken shawerma sandwich RM6 (all e ingredients in one pita bread & wrap it for u) or chic shawerma plate where they put all ingredients in one plate. I prefer the latter due to e quantity,hehe. Taste-wise:5/5.


Chicken Shawerma Sandwich RM6. Pic credited to http://nsuatm.blogspot.com/2009/11/restaurant-saba-cyberjaya.html


However, in terms of chic shawerma (plate), sometimes they kinda "forget" to put veges as ur side dishes. This is my guess, perhaps they was shortages in terms of veges supply on that particular veges "gone" day,haha. Magic. Now u see, now u don't,hehe.


02.05.2011 - Casterd Choc RM5. This is my fav's desert here. It is choc pudding (I guess) served with shredded coconut on top of it. It has a bitter choc taste & some mild sweetness in it. It suits my taste-bud as I am a choc lover, Chang2 dislikes this though,hehe. Taste-wise:5/5.


02.05.2011- Cream Caramel RM3. Chang's fav desert here. Though Chang2 & I is BFF & mucitot each other, nevertheless in terms of our food choices, sometimes we tend to be different,hehe. As much as she dislikes my fav's casterd choc, I have to say that I dislike her cream caramel too,haha. Taste-wise:5/5 according to Chang2 (2010; 2011;2012), hehe... 

If I may say so, there is one thing that is so obvious in terms of Saba price before as compared to now. In the bill dated Feb 26, 2011 there is no govt & service charges as compared to the bill dated May 2, 2011, we have to PAY for the govt + serv taxes, huhu.. 
I kinda ok when I have to pay e govt tax, however the latter tax kinda irk me. Well, perhaps it was just me..hurm.. 


Saba Restaurant Menu.

Service: In terms of services here, if u came during peak hour (lunch time or dinner time), it's kinda hard to get the waiter attention. U have to wave at them over & over again. If luck is not on ur side, sumtimes the waiter did see u, but they kinda ignore u. Nevertheless, this is based from my experienced, & it is not every time I faced it. I kinda get it if their services is not to my expectation during peak hour as the waiters also are human. They definitely exhausted esp during evening shift, so it is fine wit me then.



So, if u're craving for middle east cuisines, I suggest u visit Saba Restaurant. 
Here is the address
Saba Restaurant
4800 Suite 02
Ground Floor
CDB Perdana, Cyberjaya,
Selangor.
Contact no: 03-83202544

Happy Tasting Da jia ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment