The difference between a leader & a critic is that a leader has to make decisions, abide by his decision & face the consequences, whereas a critic only pour criticism without bearing any responsibility (Malaysia 4th Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammed)

Friday 28 September 2012

2012 B'day Celeb - Teh Tarik Place, Empire Shopping Gallery

My review is based on my personal point of view. Different people might have different view from mine. Hence, this review is for my blog purposes only ;)

September 19, 2012
On my bday, I will ensure that, I am gonna eat noodles (due to my chinese root, I guess) as it signifies prosperity & longevity in live. It has became a MUST for me every time I celebrated my bday & I make it as a must for Chang2's bday too. It already became our customs & norm I guess,haha..

Anyway, to finish my bday celeb this year, we ate my longevity bday noodles at the Teh Tarik Place, Empire Shopping Gallery after we finished most of the the time at Popular Bookstore (we are both bookaholic,haha). 

I forget to snap the cafe view, hence I google it. Pic credited to http://my.openrice.com/klangvalley/restaurant/teh-tarik-place/18481/. It has smoking & non smoking area, wc is good especially for the non smoker like me as I x have to endure the smell of the cigarettes. Plus, for the smokers, u can enjoy ur teh tarik & cigarette at the same time while chatting wit ur frends..

Mee Hoon Mamak aka my longevity noodles. RM 6.90. Taste-wise: 2/5. It is too salty for our liking. If only it is less salty, sigh.. The portion is a lot though, especially when u already ate at Italiannies & Tutti Frutti prior,haha.

Chang2 opted the bread as we were too full already. Roti Bakar with Butter & Kaya RM2.70. Taste-wise: 2/5. They used the wheatmeal bread here ( we are x the healthy eater,hehe) & the bread does not taste like a very typical toasted bread wc we loved the crunchiness & have a lil bit burn taste. Noted that u can order all sorts of hot plate (roti canai, roti bakar, murtabak) from 2.30pm onwards only.

For beverages, Hot teh tarik (RM2.50 per glass) for me & Cold ribena lychee (RM4.80) for Chang2. Taste-wise: Nothing to shout out, despite their place is called upon teh tarik, i prefer Maple original teh tarik that has more umph & kick, wink..hehe.

Overall, in terms of ambience it is ok & suitable if u wanna have a chat wit ur frends aka lepaking or hang out. However, the chair that usually been used in the old kopitiam is quite small for me as I am a plus size girl. It is quite warm here, perhaps bcoz the staff always let the door wc lead to the smoking area open. The service is quite prompt for us, lucky for us, as I have read in someone blog they encountered lowya service there.

Teh Tarik Place has other branches too. For more info click here.
The one that I visited is at Empire Subang Gallery. Here is the address
Teh Tarik Place Restaurant
Lot LG21, Ground Floor (Besides O'Brien sandwich & on the same floor with Ole-ole Bali &Serai Restaurant).

Happy Tasting Da Jia ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment